Thunder Mist Academy
Welcome to Thunder Mist Academy, where the strong prosper and the weak learn to become strong. We hope you will join us as a student, as we are a very friendly, open community. Please consider registering and meeting with other students and staff in the Chat Box.

Thank you,

TMA Staff
Thunder Mist Academy
Welcome to Thunder Mist Academy, where the strong prosper and the weak learn to become strong. We hope you will join us as a student, as we are a very friendly, open community. Please consider registering and meeting with other students and staff in the Chat Box.

Thank you,

TMA Staff
Thunder Mist Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where regular people become champions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Karizmo's Furnished Box
Reading Back Row: 101 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 4:08 pm by Karizmo

» Tonto829's vacation
Reading Back Row: 101 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:02 pm by Tonto829

» Tonto829's expected hrs to be online.
Reading Back Row: 101 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 9:41 pm by Tonto829

» Staff List
Reading Back Row: 101 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 8:38 pm by Tonto829

» babatrex1's Test Results
Reading Back Row: 101 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 6:57 pm by Tonto829

» 5upr3m3k1ng:'s test results
Reading Back Row: 101 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 6:41 pm by ! Duelist !

» Alta_Argo's Test Results
Reading Back Row: 101 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 5:30 pm by Tonto829

» King of Games Tournament
Reading Back Row: 101 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 12:03 am by Maximillian Strauss

» Tonto 829's Duels!
Reading Back Row: 101 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 12:43 pm by Tonto829

Top posters
Tonto829
Reading Back Row: 101 I_vote_lcapReading Back Row: 101 I_voting_barReading Back Row: 101 I_vote_rcap 
Utopia_Legend
Reading Back Row: 101 I_vote_lcapReading Back Row: 101 I_voting_barReading Back Row: 101 I_vote_rcap 
Karizmo
Dracerdis
RainbowXDash96
! Duelist !
Maximillian Strauss
Kurei Natsumori
Hawkeye2488
voltzlasher
Staff Challenges
Reading Back Row: 101 24fe0ll
Support your academy!
Extra Credit Homework!
Reading Back Row: 101 6pm7me Click Pic for Extra Credit
Sanga Homework
Click Pic for Sanga Hw
Suijin Homework
Click Pic for Suijin Hw
Kazejin Homework
Click Pic for Kazejin Hw

Reading Back Row: 101

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Karizmo
Founding Administrator
Founding Administrator
Karizmo

Reading Back Row: 101 Empty
PostSubject: Reading Back Row: 101   Reading Back Row: 101 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:05 pm

-Reading Back Row: 101-

This is just a small guide for newer players on how to attempt to read what your opponent set. I hope you enjoy.

First off lets start of with something easy:

Lets say you summon Black Luster Soldier in attack position and your opponent has 1 face down set.

Now that Black Luster Soldier has been summoned we can determine two things:

1. The card is not a Solemn because if it was they would have negated the summon

2. The set card could possibly be a card such as Mirror Force that needs to be activated when attacked

Now lets say you've attacked for 2 turns and he doesn't play his set card-

This could also mean 2 things:

1. The set card is something that there is no point in activating yet such as Call of the Haunted

2. It's a bluff

Now lets say your opponent sets one card next to the card that has not been activated for 3 turns-

This is what this may mean:

1. The set card may be something that could be used as a response

2. It could be another bluff to try to scare you

Things you could do:

1. Use Mystical Space Typhoon on the card just set

2. Take the risk and attack

Solemn Warning:

Lets say you notice your opponent has 1 face down card and you are just about to summon Judgment Dragon he would have to activate their set card immediately or else it would be destroyed because of Judgment Dragon's effect.

Now a second response to Judgment Dragon would be Effect Veiler negating it's effect and keeping their face down card from being destroyed.

This could reveal the face down card may still be a Solemn Warning

Sometimes your opponent will also try to protect their back rows.

When they set more than one card it usually means only one of them can really protect them.

Real Life Dueling-

Another handy tip if you duel in real life would be to MST the card closest to their dominate hand.

So if they are right handed and set more than one card you'd want to MST the card closest to their dominate hand because they will most likely want it to be in easy reach.

Try to Determine what the Set Card is:

Reading Back Row: 101 Images12

Reading Back Row: 101 Images10

Remember: Six Samurai run a lot of traps to protect Shi En

Last edited by Karizmo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/provokedshot

Reading Back Row: 101
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thunder Mist Academy :: Classrooms & Duel Fields :: Classrooms :: Dueling 101-
Jump to: